Seaside tourist attractions

See the most important tourist attractions on the Romanian Coast

Tourist spotsMamaia

Aqua Magic Mamaia

The water park AQUA MAGIC is placed at the southern entrance of Mamaia resort, close to Telegondola station. The access in the water park is not made via the main boulevard of the resort, but via the parking area which is placed between Perla and Aurora hotels. Built on an impressive surface and having a capacity of 3000 seats, the Aqua Magic park was opened in 2003, and it’s the place where relaxing and fun can be enjoyed at maximum. Aqua Magic is provided with 14 modern water installations due to which a day spent inside will be unforgettable.
Waterplayground and Baby Pool are the main attractions in the area dedica...


Ovid Island

The Ovid Island on Siutghiol Lake is one of the places that exerts true attraction to the tourists who arrive in Mamaia resort. Along the centuries, the small piece of land has stirred the curiosity and imagination of the people, who have woven a series of legends. One of these stories is connected to the origin of the name of the island. They say that, while he was exiled, the Latin poet Ovidius Publius Naso retired on this small piece of land in order to write his poems, thus the island was named with his name. In fact, the specialists have not found any proof to attest the presence of the poet on this small island of Lake ...


The Pontoon

The Pontoon Mamaia is a tourist attraction opened in early 2013 summer season. The construction starts on the beach, next to Victoria hotel, great finishes in a distance of about 500 meters and ends with a jetty. From this point visitors can board the ships that made regular trips over the sea. On the pontoon installed benches visitors can admire the waves and enjoy the cool breeze of the coast. The pier is lighted at night from top to bottom, which will allow you to venture into a night ride over the waves of the sea line. We recommend a walk on the pier in Mamaia as a method of relaxation after a day...


The Holiday Village

The Holiday Village is a popular place among tourists who spend their holiday in Mamaia resort. Situated in the South of the resort, between Lakes Tabacariei and Siutghiol, this place is ideal for those who look for fun and joy.

Initially, The Holiday Village was conceived as a complex of restaurants which would bring together the culinary specific of different Romanian provinces. That is why, almost all the locals situated in the Holiday Village have suggestive names: Casa Prahoveana, Casa Valceana, Casa Dobrogeana, Casa Argeseana). Over time, besides these ‘’Houses ‘’ there have been opened...


Telegondola Mamaia

It was opened on July, the 16th, 2004 and from that moment it became a symbol of Mamaia resort. Thanks to this modern installation, tourists can enjoy the beautiful sensations a journey across Mamaia resort can offer. A ride with Telegondola takes 8 minutes and it takes place on a length of about 2 km between Perla Hotel and the Casino, on both directions. While taking the ride, the red and yellow cabins float on an altitude of maximum 50 meters, passing across the highest hotels.
Comfortably sitting on the seats inside telegondola, you will breathlessly admire extraordinary views of the Black Sea, Constanta and Mamaia resort. The ride with...


Tourist spotsCostinesti

The "Evangehlia'' Shipwreck

The Evanghelia Shipwreck is located in Costinesti coast and can be seen easily from the beach. Though many tourists know about the wreck of the sea, very few of them know its story. "Evanghelia" was greek commercial ship which failed in the fall of 1968 for reasons that remain unknown. A lot of experts who investigated the event said the damage leading to failure of the vessel would have been caused by an explosion inside. Due to high costs that involve the ship recovery, the vessel owner decided to leave it there. Throughout time the shipwreck integrated through theresort landscape and becam...


The Obelisk

The Obelisk is the symbol of Costineti resort and  was built in 1970 on the beach who later took the name. Over the time, the obelisk has become the meeting point for young people and the place where most concerts and events are held in the summer holiday.
In 2005 the obelisk was destroyed by the floods that have caused damage in the resort. Since the old monument could not be recovered from under the pile of soil and sand that covered it, the local authorities decided to build a new Obelisk. So, a year later, a new Obelisk raised. The new monument is much more robust and impressive, measur...


Tourist spotsMangalia

The Byzantine Edifice

The Biyzantine Edifice from Mangalia is a historical monument dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries BC. Historic artifacts were discovered between 1993-1995 on the ground of President Hotel and were included in the accommodation building, where a museum was opened. Rectangular ensembled, built of large limestone blocks linked together with lime mortar, previously stretched almost to the town beach and consisted of several rooms. The west side of the building was occupied by a large hall paved with limestone slabs with columns of which today can be seen only th the basis. In the north t...


The Stud Farm

The Stud Farm of Mangalia is positioned approximately 3 km north of Mangalia and about 500 meters from the Black Sea. Established in 1926,  the sutd farm of Mangalia Stud is the largest complex of its kind in South-East Europe and hosts approximately 350 thoroughbred horses, such as arabian thoroughbreds and ponies. Regularly stud horses are trained on the seafront between Saturn and Venus resorts, offering the tourists gathered on the beach a very nice show. Mangalia's Hippodrome has an area of ??19 ha and is one of Romania's racing designed arena. Every summer the stud farm hosts competi...


The Esmahan Sultan Mosque

The Esmahan Sultan Mosque from Mangaliais one of the most important historical and religious monuments of southern romanian seaside. The muslim place of worship was built in 1573 by the daughter of one of the greatest rulers of the Ottoman Empire, Selim II, in memory of his father.
The mosque is built of cut stone, recovered from the Callatis ruins, and was executed by a team of turkish craftsmen. A feature of the building is that the stone blocks were joined together without using any binder, but only with cast steel staples placed in holes made in stone. Ta the entrance of the  Esmah...


The Callatis Archeological Museum

The CALLATIS Archaeological Museum from Mangalia is an institution dedicated to showcasing and preserving historic remains of the old Callatis stronghold. The museum was inaugurated in 1959 after the modernization of the city have unearthed countless artifacts from the following periods: Neolithic, Greek, Roman and Byzantine. The Museum of History and Archaeology from Mangalia includes a variety of objects with historical significance, since exhibits found in the museum and ending with archaeological monuments on the territory of Mangalia: Callatis defense wall of the city, the Roman-Byzantine necropol...


The Marine Museum Mangalia

The Marine Museum of Mangalia was built in 2004 in one of the buildings of the disused barracks. The Institute is conceived as a museum dedicated to naval technology and highlights the port of Mangalia activity between 1952 and 2000. In the two halls of the museum an impressive collection of military equipment and heritage objects depicting the recent history of the Navy are arranged. Besides the two halls inside the museuma library that spans volumes  is organized. Much of the museum's exhibits are arranged in the front yard of the museum, where you can admire an impressive collection of nava...


The Touristic Harbor Mangalia

The Touristic Harbor of Mangalia is the modern romanian harbor  for small vessels whish sales along the Black Sea coast. The harbor was arranged during 2006-2008 with European and local funding. The Tourist Harbor of Mangalia may lie up to 146 boats that benefits of modern docking and maintenance.
From the harbor of Mangalia Travel can trips to the Romanian resorts can be arranged: Vama Veche and 2 Mai, Limanu, Venus, Neptun, Olimp, Costinesti Eforie South Eforie North Agigea, Constanta, Mamaia or Midia, and across the border to the foreign states and cities: Istanbul, Varna, Odessa, Yalta.

...


Tourist spotsConstanta

The Aquarium Constanta

The Aquarium is located on the seafront, right in front of the imposing Casino. Opened with great fanfare on 1st of May 1958, Constanta's Aquarium was for a long time the first and only public institution of its kind in our country. The building that hosts the aquarium was built in the early twentieth century as an annex to the Casino and functioned as a restaurant, and destinatined to its current redevelopment. The Aquarium exhibition spaces are intended to describe the permanent exhibition of aquatic fauna and flora, and some temporary exhibitions on various topics related to biology, ecology, aquatic and marine fisheries.

Along tim...


St. Mary Armenian Church

The Armenian Church of Constanta is dedicated to "Saint Mary" and is situated on the seashore, near the Greek Church,on Callatis street. Less known by tourists, perhaps because the building stands out through a spectacular architecture, theArmenian Church embodies Armenian people living on Doborogea area is a important poin on the multiculturalism map of Constanta. The first Armenians arrived in Dobrogea in the XVth century, settling the administration center in Babadag, then the Ottomans ruled the land between the sea and the Danube. Armenians came much later in Constanta, and according to historical notes, in...


Metamorphosis Greek Church

The Greek Church "Metamorphosis" is a small sanctuary located in the historical area of the city, on Mircea cel Batran street, close to the Modern beach. The story fo the beautiful church began half a century ago, back when Dobrogea was part of the Ottoman Empire, and marked "birth" of the first Christian place of worship in Constanta. The building was started in 1862 with the consent of the Sultan Mehmet Han Bin Abdul Aziz who responded so positively to the request of the Greek community to build a place of worship in the area.
The church building was designed by the Greek ...


St Anthony Roman-Catholic Church

The Roman-Catholic Church "St. Anthony of Padova" is situated in the historical area of Constanta, close to Carol I Mosque and Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul. The imposing church was built between 1935-1936 on the site of a former Roman Catholic chapels. The construction drawings were prepared by Roman architect Simon of Bucharest, who set as model the churches in northern Italy. The building, which dominates the landscape of the old city today, is built of red bricks and the architectural point of view it is included in current novels.
The Romanesque style building is distinguish...


St Mina Church

St Mina Church is a great location, being an a oasis of peace of Constanta. The church is located in Tabacariei Park, on the lakeshore  with the same name, away from city noise. The beautiful church was built between 1995 - 1997 by the architect Nicolae Goga and respects in the smallest details the traditional style of Maramures. Besides its beauty the church has an impressive height, whose tower measures 43 meters and is visible from many areas of the city. Because of this, the Church "St. Mina" from Constanta takes a well deserved place on the list of highest wooden church in our coun...


Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Cathedral

The cathedral is dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul and it is the largest and most important Orthodox church in Dobrogea, being known as the Cathedral of the Archbishop of Tomis. The church is situated in the historical area ofthe city, close to the seafront boulevard Elizabeth and the Casino.
Built between 1883 and 1885 was the first Orthodox settlement built in Dobrogea after the realease from Ottoman domination. The church was built of brick and concrete, after the plans of the famous architect Ioan Mincu. The Interior furniture, consisting of veil, pews, chandeliers and candlesticks is genuine and was execu...


The Casino

Always present in the tourists seaside photos and the postcards, Constanta's Casino is arguably the city emblem. An imposing building that exudes the air since his glory days, the Casino "watches" the Black Sea for over 130 years.

 

The Casino beginning binds Dobrogea to the romanian administration, the first building built on the seashore after the end of the Ottoman domination. More specifically, the first stone of the Casino was laid in 1880. At the time the settlement was located near Genoese lighthouse and was built on wooden structure and the outside was lined with boards. Inside, a dance hall, two game r...


The Dolphinarium

The Dolphinarium is among the most visited tourist attractions in Constanta both in summer and in the off-season. Along The Planetarium and The Astronomical Observatory and the Microreserve, the Dolphinarium is a beautiful and exciting part of the Natural Sciences Museum Complex of  Constanta, located on Mamaia Boulevard at the intersection with Soveja street.

The Dolphinarium was inaugurated on June 1st, 1972, representing at that time the first museum of its kind in Romania and South-Eastern Europe. Currently The Dolphinarium remains the only location in our country where you can r...


The Roman Mosaic Edifice

The Roman Mosaic Edifice is located near the Museum of National History and Archaeology and was discovered in 1959 during some civil works undertaken in the Ovidiu Square. Further research discovered that the monument was built in the fourth century and gradually spread until around the sixth century, when it stopped. In its glory times the edifice represent the largest building of its kind in the whole Roman Empire and serve as a link between the port and the ancient city, the place where the conduct its trade and storage of goods. Originally, the building spans three of the four terraces of Tomis har...


The Genoese Lightshouse

The Genovese Lighthouse is a monument that can be easily unnoticed, but the beauty and importance to the history of Constanta are undeniable. The Genovese Lighthouse is located on the seafront, between the Casino and the former Carol Hotel (today the Navy Headquartesr).
Despite its name, the monument has nothing in common with the Genoese. In an article on the history of Genoese Lighthouse, published in 2004 in a local newspaper journalist Maria Comanita Cica, notis that: "The Genoese arrived in Constanta port but they have no lighthouse built here. Their reputation as  rulers of the ...


Hunchiar Mosque

The Hunchiar Mosque is situated in the historic area of the city, a few steps from the Museum of Traditional Art. This place is not tvery large but has a huge significance for the history and multiculturalism of Constanta being the oldest Muslim religious edifice in the city.
The history documents tell us that at the beginning of the nineteenth century, Constanta, then occupied only the peninsula (now the historic area, almost to the Casino ), was bounded by a defensive wall with bastion built by Turks who ruled Dobrogea at that time. The defensive wall was destroyed between 1828 - 1829, leaving...


The Gravity Park

The Gravity Park from Constanta is the largest outdoor complex in Romania dedicated to extreme sports. Located on Soveja street, on the southern shore of Lake Tabacarie, the Gravity Park was inaugurated on May 24, 2008 by a show attended by athletes from all over the country. The park has a total area of 8500 square meters and is divided into trial areas, dirt jumping, climbing, bouldering and obviously skate and roller. Besides the tracks, Gravity Park provides its visitors: a Skateshop, internet cafe, locker rooms, showers, equipment rental center and first aid center, and the future pizzeria, terrac...


Lake View Entertainment and Sports Center Constanta

LAKE VIEW ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS is a modern entertainment center located on Mamaia Boulevard, near the entrance of Mamaia resort. The center is housed by an imposing building with a futuristic design, divided into 3 floors. The ground floor of Central Lake View  a fancy restaurant which continues outside, the lake, with a terrace and a playground is arranged. Also on the ground floor, in the opposite direction the restaurant is a modern hall with over 60 electronic games and table tennis. Lake View has 16 pool tables and 12 bowling lanes, all located on the 1st floor of the building, in a gener...


The Natural Microreserve

The Microreserve of the Natural Science Museum Complex is a unique place in Constanta. Inaugurated in 1985, the microreserve covers an area of approximately 6 ha of which 2 ha of water surface vegetation is specified. This objective was created in order to offer visitors a more complete picture of the natural area of Dobrogea.
The heritage of the museum includes aquatic fauna (pelicans, swans, ducks and wild geese), terrestrial avifauna (peacocks and pheasants) and mammals (mouflon, fallow deer and deer) that are found in the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve and Negureni Reserve. Most of these spe...


Carol I Mosque

Carol I Mosque, located in Ovid Square area, is the main religious muslim edifice and one of the most beautiful architectural monuments of our land. The building started in 1910 at the initiative of King Carol I (which is why the building is named so) and was completed in 1913. The inauguration took place on 31st of May in the presence of the royal family and muslim representatives of Romania.
The project was conducted by Victor Stefanescu, one of the senior architects of the early twentieth century, and the building was raised by Gogu Constantinescu
Sharing a beautiful and unique mixture of Egyptian, By...


The Art Museum

Located in downtown, at the intersection of Tomis and Ferdinand avenues, the Art Museum is an institution that impresses with the artistic values that it holds. Known as the second institution of its kind in Romania, after Bucharest Art Museum, Constanta's Art Museum is housed in a building with a history full of significance for the seaside city. The imposing building that today hosts the collections of the Museum of Art was the first high school of Constanta. The educational institution was built between 1891 - 1893 at the initiative of the mayor at the time, who wanted to change the look of the town by some impr...


The Folk Art Museum of Constanta

The Folk Art Museum is located in the historic area of Constanta on the intersection of Tomis Boulevard with Traian Street. The museum is hosted by a building with great significance for the history of the city. The building was built in 1893 and served for a time as City Hall, called then the Municipal Palace. Over time the building had other uses, but since 1975 houses the Museum of Folk Art, a leading cultural institution of Constanta.
The idea of creating a museum of ethnography at the seaside was born in the early '60s in diligently several similar institutions in the country: Brukental...


The National Museum of History and Archaeology

The National History and Archaeology Museum of Constanta is one of the richest museums in Romania and the second largest institution in thefcountry, after the National History Museum of Romania from Bucharest.

The cornerstone of the museum was laid in 1879 by Remus Opreanu the first prefect of the Romanian administration of Dobrogea, in an attempt to counter the smuggling of antiquities discovered in archaeological sites of Constanta. For nearly a century, the Historical Museum of Constanta has experienced periods of decline and prosperity, being disorganized, reorganized and moved to different locations in t...


Ion Jalea Sculpture Museum

The Sculpture Museum Ion Jalea is located in the historical area of the city, at the end Elizabeth Avenue, a few steps from St. Peter and Paul Cathedral. The Institute is housed in a beautiful Brancoveanu style building built in the early twentieth century. Inside the museum there are exhibited over 200 works donated by the great sculptor  in 1969 and by his family in 1984 after his death.

The sculptor Ion Jalea was born on 19th of May 1887 in Tulcea, Casimcea village. Later, his parents moved to a village near Constanta (Ciorcarlia de Jos), at which the fut...


The Romanian Marine Museum

The Romanian Marine Museum of Constanta is the largest institution of its kind in Romania and contains precious testimony of evolution of romaniain military and civil navy. Located on Traian street, the museum is an imposing building that has a history as interesting as the exhibits it hosts. The edifice was built in 1909 and hosted by Marina High School, the first institution of higher education in Dobrogea.
The idea of founding a museum of Romanian Navy has emerged for the first time in 1919, with the disposal of some ships of the Romanian fleet. Despite repeated attempts, the idea did not ma...


The Archeological Park

The Archaeological Park is an area with rich vegetation where the ancient Tomis spirit is still present. The park covers an area generally between Constantas City Hall and Ferdinand Avenue and its alleys seem to be a history museum exhibition halls. These are framed by columns, pottery and other historical artifacts dating back to the Roman-Byzantine stonghold. The Ferdinand Avenue side of the park, the Roman wall is still bordered by precinct, building dating from the third century BC and showing two gateways to the city. Here can be seen the remains of the Butchers Tower, rebuilt during the reign of ...


The Planetarium

Part of the Natural Sciences Museum Complex, the Constanta's Planetarium invites you on a journey of initiation into the hidden mysteries of the heavenly vault. As a window on the sky you will be presented stars, planets, meteors, galaxies and other celestial corps who watches mankind for thousands of years.
The Planetarium was founded in 1969, the year that man first walked on the moon. Located on the crossroad between Soveja and Mamaia Street, near the southern entrance of Mamaia resort, confesses today hardly infiltrated the mysteries of the sky.
The Planetarium has a dome whose di...


The Touristic Harbor of Tomis

The Touristic Harbor of Tomis is one of Constanta's  most famous location for both tourists and locals. Whatever the season, the Tomis Harbor   is the choice made by people who want to admire the sea by car or just walking on the seafront. The access to the harbor can be made easily through a street that descends to the bay's "lip", right in the area where luxury yachts and sailing boats ''rests''. Waterfront terraces and numerous chic restaurants serving fish dishes can be enjoyed. In the summer, the bay of Tomis Harbor Tomis is often visited by groups of do...


The Statue of Mihai Eminescu

The Statue of Mihai Eminescu was executed skillfully in the early '30s by the sculptor Oscar Han. The monument is located near the sea, on the Caino's seafront, thus fulfilling one of the wishes expressed by the artist in one of his poem verse  "I have one desire ..."
  "I have one desire:
   In the silence of the night
   Let me die
   At the edge of the sea. "
The great writer Mihai Eminescu saw the sea for the first time in 1882, back when he was 32 years old. He stopped for 10 days to Constanta to...


The Statue of Ovid

The Statue of the latin writer, Ovid was executed by the Italian sculptor Ettore Ferrie in 1887 as a tribute to the writer who has lived the last years of his life in exile in Tomis. The monument stands proudly in Ovidiu Square, right in front of the Museum of National History and Archaeology. The statue was unveiled in August of 1887 in this local personalities presence and was a festive event for the whole city. Originally the monument was facing north, but was moved to its current position in 1921, with the commencement of construction work at the Palace Town Hall, the current Museum of National His...


The Fantasio Theatre

The Fantasio Theatre is one of the senior cultural institutions of the city and is located on the Ferdinand Boulevard, near the Archaeological Park and the City Hall. Founded on the first month of 1951 with the help of a team of passionate artists Theatre from Bucharest. The debout series of performances on May 2, 1951 started with "The lost letter" by IL Caragiale, and continued continously until now.
Throughout its work, the theater has given a constant attention to ancient artists works and contemporary dramas inspired by ancient mythology themes. In 1957 the premiere of the first a...


Tourist spots from other resorts

The Buried Church of Istria

 

Istria is a village located about 55 kilometers north of Constanta. The access to the village can be made through municipal road that emerges from the E87 highway, linking Constanta and Tulcea. Many of us Istria is known to us through the Histria fortress, which is located 8 kilometers from the village, on the shores of Lake Sinoe. Few of us know, however, that the town "hides" a tremendous historical and architectural treasure. It's about the Buried Church, unique in the country in terms of used architecture and construction techniques.
The monument dates from the beginning of the ...


The Memorial House of Panai Cerna

The Memorial House of Panait Cerna is located in the center area of Cerna village situated 55 km from Tulcea and 26 kilometers from the city of Macin on the road heading to Braila.
The museum was founded in 1966 when the poet's childhood home was donated to the local authorities by his younger brother. Visiting the exhibition, you will enter the atmosphere of the old house and household and you get acquainted with interesting details of the poet's life.
In three of the rooms an exhibition dedicated to Panait Cerna is arranged, it features biographical data, copies of the photos, ...


St Nicholas Cathedral Tulcea

Located in the central area of Tulcea city, the St Nicholas Cathedral is an imposing monument built in the Byzantine style which attracts believers and tourists passing by every day. Built over a century, St. Nicholas Cathedral has witnessed transformations that the city has suffered throughout history. The aproval construction document of the cathedral was signed by Bishop Dionysius of Durostor in 1862 and the church was built on the site of older churches, built by the romanian refugee of Bestepe village, today the village is located about 25 kilometers east of Tulcea . For a lont timeg, the new chu...


The Argamum Stronghold

A true treasure of history, the first settlement of our country mentioned in ancient documents, Argamum Stronghold (late sixth century BC). The fortress is located on Lake Razelm, near the Jurilovca, access to the stronghold can be made by E87 linking Constanta to Tulcea. Until reaching the city you can enjoy the beauty of the Jurilovca village a special place populated by lipovans. Tourists who arrive in these lands remain pleasantly surprised by the picturesque area.

Returning to the Argamum stronghold, it was founded by Greek colonists from Minor Asia, by mid-...



Vacante fara griji in 12 rate fara dobanda

Carefree holidays

in 12 free interest rates

hotelurile de pe litoralul romanesc au medie de 8.4 puncte din 10

Hotels

from
Litoralul Romanesc have an average of

8.4 from 10 points

Rezerva acum vacanta ta

Book your holiday now

0241 999

0241 837 777